To a fellow peer,
Greetings whoever you may be. Maybe you are someone that I talk to a lot or maybe this is the first time we have ever met (nice to meet you). Maybe we meet up before school or after school to chill or do work. Maybe you suffered through physics with me or survived film's treachery. Maybe you sat though months and months of never ending TOK presentations in class. Hell, maybe you accidentally clicked on this link or got me confused with the other Andrew (Here is his link in case: Link). Moral of the story is, it doesn't matter who you are, I want to thank you for making these last two years so memorable.
Through my high school career, I was that kid that firmly believed in the "get in, get out mentality." I would arrive at school, finish all my work, and leave. I didn't care too much for meeting new people. I didn't care for becoming part of a community. I just wanted to graduate and move on with my life. I was the kid that sat in the very back of the room and never spoke a single word. I was the kid that no one really cared for since I was always in the back doing my work. No one really knew who I was until the end of the first semester. I didn't know anyone and nobody knew me and I was fine with that. However, once I became part of this program, everything changed. I was not expecting to meet people like you; people that are supportive, charming, funny, extremely intelligent, passionate, and full of life. I was not expected to feel so welcomed into a community with so many brilliant minded students such as yourself. You were the reason why I finally found a place in school.
Whoever you might be, I have many fond memories of you. Maybe you are the one that walked to the back of the room the first day in Oliver's English class and sat next to me without saying a single word. Maybe you are the one that approached me one day and showed me your Bob Duncan fan fiction in the middle of film class. Maybe you are the one that said "I love DOTA" when I was watching league of legends videos the first day of physics class. Maybe you are the one that I have had multiple classes with since the beginning of my high school life. Maybe you are the edgy one that wears the same white jacket everyday. Maybe you are the other one that wears the same black jacket everyday and can't beat a puppy in a fight. Maybe you are the one that though Iodized salt was Lodized salt. Maybe you are the one that is 100% a lax bro but runs track instead. Maybe you are the one that I tried to teach how to code. Maybe you are the goofy one that randomly started being called something different mid year and never missed a day of class. Maybe you are the one that was an oompa loompa for the play. Maybe you are the one that criticized my parents white couches when you came to my house. Or maybe you are the first person to ever ask me for advice and introduced me to a brave new world which I am still unfamiliar with.
Regardless of who you are, you have made these last two years of high school the best that they could have been. Many people try to forget their high school life once they graduate, but thanks to people like you, I want to remember every second of them. Even though I have suffered through countless restless nights working on the millions of projects that IB forces us to do, I do not regret joining this program. Those restless nights and years worth of stress are worth meeting amazing people like you. Thank you for making these last two years of high school the best that they could have been.
I wish you the best and hope that you are able to achieve everything you set you mind on,
Andrew Lopez
No comments:
Post a Comment